COVID 19 Cycling
– Do not attend the ride if showing Covid-19 Symptoms
– New meeting point at the rear of the Car Park – heading straight to your group, keeping a social distance.
– Max of 6 in a group (inc. Ride Leader or Two Ride Leaders)
– Be very conscious of Social Distancing particularly at the start of the ride, when forming groups and leaving club on ride (stay in single file peloton with at least a bike length between riders) when slowing or stopping for junctions or hazards at the end of ride when returning to club
– Especially important to ensure good communication and ‘calling’ to aid Social Distancing and smoothness of ride as the group will be strung out more than usual.
– Try and anticipate junctions, stops or slowing – to avoid concertina and end up all together and not Social Distancing at junctions, etc.
– Care when setting off from junctions – keeping an eye for traffic as the group will be strung out, it is each cyclist’s own responsibility to decide if clear to go.
– Personal choice – but can carry hand gel (more appropriate if doing coffee stop, etc.)
– Please bear with the Ride Leader and follow any advice or instructions they give. This is a ‘first’ for them as well, and they are just trying to ensure you have a safe, enjoyable ride and that as a club we abide by the Covid guidance.
– Ride Leaders will not be able to be flexible over numbers in groups – so it may be that due to the number RLs we will not be able to accommodate all. If that is the case please be understanding and either go for your own ride or return home.
– Make sure when passing walkers, runners and other cyclists to give a social distance – this may mean moving further out into the road than usual, so important to take care when doing this.
– Please carry your own inner tube, spare tyre and pump in case of puncture
– Club Card for access to toilets
COVID 19 Cycling